We enjoyed Houston way more than we thought we would. We were thrilled at the amount of cultural activities and impressed by the food selection. Check out our top 5 lists (this is based on what we did and not on what would be considered “trendy“).
TOP 5 THINGS TO SEE:
1. Johnson Space Center – I mean, it’s Houston. It’s that touristy thing that you have to do because the city is known for it!
2. The Houston Graffiti Building – Houston is very colorful and you would be missing out if you didn’t take the time to go explore the street art.
3. Fine Arts Museum – Go see some Jackson Pollock and if you go soon, some Van Gogh too!
4. Houston Rodeo – If you’re in town for it, it’s a must do.
5. Museum of Natural Science – A beautiful collection of artifacts to peruse + a butterfly pavilion right next door.
TOP 5 THINGS TO EAT:
1. Vietnamese Crawfish — It is the bomb diggity. No, for real. It is the best crawfish you’ll ever eat. Try it at Crawfish and Noodles:
2. Indian food at Pondicheri:
3. Ramen noodles and a lychee martini at Jinya Ramen Bar:
4. Conveyor Belt Sushi at Kura Revolving Sushi Bar:
5. Grab a fresh take on modern American fare at Riel:
BONUS: Grab some barbecue while you’re in town at the Rodeo – delish! (Note: As we traveled, we did find that we liked the barbecue toward the central part of Texas best).